Honestly, I’m not a huge quiche fan. They usually end up soggy and bland, neither of which I love. So when I was asked to make some quiche for a baby shower, I knew I needed to do some research to make this a success. After much reading and compiling of knowledge, I finally settled on my own way of making sure this was going to be a drool worthy recipe. And I hate to toot my own horn, but this was everything I hoped it would be!! Recipe below!
- 1 deep dish Great Value frozen pie crust (or make your own, but I did get complimented on the crust so trust me… it works great)
- 1/2 of a 16oz bacon pack
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c milk (I used 2%)
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- sprinkle of fine sea salt (I used this pink Himalayan salt)
- sprinkle of pepper
- 1 c swiss cheese, grated
- 1 c sharp cheddar, grated
- green onions chopped for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 and blind bake the unwrapped pie crust on a baking sheet for 10-12 min
- Cook your bacon.
- While the crust is baking and bacon is cooking, melt your butter in a nonstick pan on medium-high heat.
- Add your diced onion and cook 3-5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic and let cook till you can smell it (about 30 seconds), then turn off the heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, wisk together eggs. Then add heavy cream and milk (you could substitute 1 c half and half). Then add Italian seasoning, a dash of salt and pepper, cheese and bacon. Then add the onion and garlic mix. Combine well.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Add sliced green peppers on top (you can also add more bacon too).
- Bake at 375 for 35-45 min or until the center is set.
- Let it sit for 15 min before slicing and serving.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we all did! If you use this recipe, make sure you tag me on Instagram so I can see!
Good luck, and happy baking!
Dani Carbajal says
It was SO delicious! Can’t wait to make it!
You’ll have to let me know how it turns out!